- Additional Guidelines in Filing Supersedeas Bonds for Appealed Cases
- POEA Memorandum Circular No. 13-11
December 5, 2011
POEA MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR NO. 13-11
|SUBJECT||:||Additional Guidelines in Filing Supersedeas Bonds for Appealed Cases|
In order to preclude spurious and delinquent surety companies from transacting business with this Office and for more efficient and effective collection of liabilities under surety bonds, these guidelines are hereby issued for the compliance of all concerned in their filing of surety bonds before the Docket and Enforcement Division:
The following documents should be attached to the Surety Bonds submitted:
1. Certified copy of a valid Certificate of Accreditation and Authority issued by the Office of the Court Administrator containing the photograph of the authorized agent;
2. Copy of the Certificate of Compliance with Circular No. 66 of the Insurance Commission duly certified by the Insurance Commission;
3. Secretary's Certificate containing the specimen signatures of the agents authorized to transact business with courts;
4. The validity of the surety must extend up to ninety (90) days after the Order has become final and executory. aEAIDH
If the proposed surety bond is found to be in order and complies with all the above-listed requirements, the Appeal together with surety bond posted shall then be transmitted to the DOLE for their appropriate action.
In case any of the requirements is not complied with, the Appeal shall not be given due course and an Entry of Judgment shall be issued.
For strict compliance.
(SGD.) CARLOS S. CAO, JR.
Philippine Overseas Employment Administration