- Amendments to E.O. No. 795 Re: Creation of Commission for the International Youth Year
- Executive Order No. 887
March 18, 1983
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 887
AMENDING EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 795 CREATING THE COMMISSION FOR THE INTERNATIONAL YOUTH YEAR AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
WHEREAS, the Philippines, a member of the United Nations, is committed to the development of the youth and is an active participant in the celebration of the International Youth Year (IYY), pursuant to UN General Assembly Resolution No. 34/151; cdtai
WHEREAS, in pursuance thereto, the President of the Philippines issued on 3 May 1982
WHEREAS, to broaden its operational base and enable it to initiate and carry out its objectives more effectively, certain provisions thereof need to be amended or modified.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the
SECTION 1. Section 2 of
"SEC. 2. Composition. The Commission shall be headed by the Chairman of the Kabataang Barangay Foundation, the KB being the premier youth organization in the country with representatives from the following agencies, as members:
1. Ministry of Foreign Affairs
2. Ministry of Education and Culture
3. Ministry of Social-Services Development
4. Ministry of the Budget
5. Ministry of Agriculture
6. Ministry of Labor and Employment
7. National Manpower and Youth Council
8. Ministry of Tourism
9. Office of Media Affairs
SECTION 2. Section (7) of
"Sec. 3 (7) Represent the Philippines to Agencies of the United Nations concerned with the celebration of the International Youth Year," casia
A new provision, referred to as number 8 is hereby inserted to read as follows:
(8) Conduct research on the situation of youth in all fields and at all levels and evaluate the various government policies, programs and projects concerning the youth with the end in view of formulating an integrated national youth program and of providing advice to the President, Prime Minister and the Batasang Pambansa on youth-related matters,
and number 8 of Section 3 is hereby denominated as number 9.
SECTION 3. Section 5 of
"Sec. 5. Funding. The Ministry of the Budget is hereby arbitrary to set aside the amount of P1,000,000 from the Special Activities Fund of the President to support the appropriation of the Philippine Commission for the International Youth Year for CY 1983; Thereafter, the budget of the Commission shall be included in the annual General Appropriations Act."
SECTION 4. All laws, decrees, orders and regulations or parts thereof which are inconsistent with the foregoing provisions are repealed or amended accordingly.
SECTION 5. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately. cdt
DONE in the City of Manila, this 18th day of March, in the year of Our Lord, Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Three.