- Creating the Council of State
- Executive Order No. 305
September 9, 1987
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 305
CREATING THE COUNCIL OF STATE
WHEREAS, it is imperative that the President of the Philippines receive reliable information and competent advice on pressing issues and problems of national interest; cd i
WHEREAS, it is desirable that such information and advice be obtained from all sectors of society;
WHEREAS, it is necessary that a consultative body be created for the purpose.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, CORAZON C. AQUINO, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby create a Council of State to be composed of the President of the Philippines as Chairman and the following as members:
1. The Vice-President
2. The President of the Senate
3. The Speaker of the House of Representatives
4. The Executive Secretary
5. The Secretary of National Defense
6. The Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines
7. Members of Congress, the Cabinet and the private sector who, in the opinion of the President, are knowledgeable about the issues and problems to be discussed by the Council.
The Cabinet Secretariat shall serve as the Secretariat of the Council.
DONE in the City of Manila, this 9th day of September, in the year of Our Lord, Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Seven.
Published in the Official Gazette, Vol. 83 No. 38 Page 4507 on September 21, 1987.