- Guidelines in Processing Requests for Official Endorsements from the Commission on Higher Education
- CHED Memorandum Order No. 003-00
CHED MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. 003-00
|SUBJECT||:||Guidelines in Processing Requests for Official Endorsements from the Commission on Higher Education|
The Commission on Higher Education has been besieged by numerous requests for a favorable endorsement to hold an activity coming from various associations and organizations. Some of which have been money-making activities to benefit private individuals.
In this connection, the following guidelines are hereby issued for the information and guidance of all concerned:
1. The Commission on Higher Education will entertain and/or endorse only seminars, workshops, trainings and other related activities sponsored by academic organizations and higher education institutions which are deemed useful and beneficial to the students and the members of the academe.
2. On a case to case basis, professional organizations providing Continuing Professional Education (CPE) accredited by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) requesting CHED endorsement may be considered, provided, however, that only a minimal seminar/registration fee affordable to the participants is charged.
3. Request for CHED endorsement involving fund raising campaign, beauty contest and the like, staging of play, charitable solicitation, sports events, sale of raffle tickets, and other similar activities which do not fall within the scope and responsibility of the Commission on Higher Education will not be endorsed. AICTcE
4. In evaluating requests for an endorsement, the Commission shall be guided by the provision of dated December 27, 1997 which called for austerity program of the national government.
5. All other activities not herein specified or mentioned shall be decided based on the merit of the request.
This CMO takes effect immediately.
(SGD.) ESTER ALBANO GARCIA
Commission on Higher Education