- Guidelines to be Observed by the Executive Judges and Presiding Judges of Special Courts for Drug Cases
- OCA Circular No. 112-05
October 25, 2005
OCA CIRCULAR NO. 112-05
|TO||:||All Executive Judges and Presiding Judges of Special Courts for Drug Cases|
|SUBJECT||:||Guidelines to be Observed by the Executive Judges and Presiding Judges of Special Courts for Drug Cases|
The Supreme Court En Banc in its Resolution dated 11 October 2005, in
1. Pursuant to Section 90 of
2. Drug courts shall strictly adhere to the periods imposed on them under Section 90 of
3. While special courts for drug cases are not prohibited from hearing non-drug related cases, Executive Judges shall continue to exempt them from the regular raffle, i.e., from the raffle of cases which do not involve violations of DACIHc
4. If, in the opinion of the Executive Judges, the caseload of certain drug courts allows their inclusion in the regular raffle without adversely affecting their ability to expeditiously resolve the drug cases assigned to them and their inclusion in the regular raffle becomes necessary to decongest the caseload of other branches, the concerned Executive Judges shall recommend to this Court the inclusion of drug courts in their jurisdiction in the regular raffle. The concerned drug courts shall remain exempt from the regular raffle until the recommendation is approved.
5. The guidelines provided under A.M. No. 00-08-01-SC shall continue to remain in force and effect insofar as they are not inconsistent with this resolution.
For the information and guidance of all concerned.
(SGD.) PRESBITERO J. VELASCO, JR.