- Implementation of a Program of Special Fuel Assistance to Rice and Corn Millers, Drier Operators and Haulers
- Letter of Instructions No. 580
July 29, 1977
LETTER OF INSTRUCTIONS NO. 580
|TO||:||The Secretary of Finance|
|The Secretary of Agriculture|
|The Chairman, Philippine National Oil Company|
|The Chairman, Oil Industry Commission|
|The Administrator, National Grains Authority|
|The Chief, Philippine Constabulary|
In line with the government's program to provide socialized pricing for rice and corn which are the staple food of the nation, you are hereby directed to implement a program of special fuel assistance to rice and corn millers, drier operators and haulers as follows:
1. A special assistance for the account of and to be financed by the National Grains Authority, in the amount of seventeen centavos (P0.17) per liter for regular gasoline and three centavos (P0.03) per liter for automotive diesel fuel, equivalent to the tax portion of the recent increase in fuel prices, shall be accorded to rice and corn millers, drier operators and haulers registered and licensed by the National Grains Authority as of May 12, 1977.
2. The National Grains Authority, in coordination with the Philippine National Oil Company, shall design and develop the system for the implementation of this special fuel assistance program. cdt
3. All oil companies operating in the Philippines are hereby enjoined to extend full cooperation and support for the success of this program.
4. The Philippine Constabulary shall provide the necessary assistance in ensuring smooth implementation of the same.
5. This program shall cover a period of one hundred twenty (120) days, effective immediately.
6. The Philippine National Oil Company and the National Grains Authority shall closely monitor implementation of this assistance program and submit periodic reports to the undersigned on the progress of the same.
DONE in the City of Manila, this 29th day of July, in the year of Our Lord, Nineteen Hundred and Seventy-Seven.