- Implementation of the National Civil Action Program
- Letter of Instructions No. 1451
March 18, 1985
LETTER OF INSTRUCTIONS NO. 1451
DIRECTING THE MINISTRIES AND AGENCIES OF THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT AND ITS INSTRUMENTALITIES, TO PARTICIPATE IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NATIONAL CIVIC ACTION PROGRAM
WHEREAS, it is the basic policy and continuing concern of government to provide essential public services to the people and to improve the social, economic and security conditions throughout the country, especially in depressed and critical areas; aisa dc
WHEREAS, it is necessary that other Ministries and agencies of the National Government and its instrumentalities, including government-owned or controlled corporations, actively participate in the National Civic Program in collaboration with the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP);
NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the
1. The various ministries and agencies of the National Government and its instrumentalities, including state universities and colleges and government-owned or controlled corporations, shall evaluate their programs and projects with a view to identifying some of these particularly those in hazardous areas for inclusion in the Civic Action Program thus enabling the assistance and participation of the Armed Forces in their implementation. acd
2. That accordingly the various ministries and agencies including government-owned and controlled corporations and state colleges and universities in the affected areas, in coordination with the Armed Forces of the Philippines, formulate out of these projects a Civic Action Program for their agency for incorporation in the National Civic Action Program.
3. The Minister of the Budget shall ensure that sufficient funds are provided for the various projects covered by the National Civic Action Program within the approved budget program of the National Government.
4. The heads of the ministries, state universities and colleges and government corporations concerned and the Minister of National Defense, in consultation with the Minister of the Budget and the Chairman of the Commission on Audit, shall prescribe the necessary rules and regulations to carry out the provisions of this Letter of Instructions.
This Letter of Instruction shall take effect immediately. cdt
DONE in the City of Manila, this 18th day of March, in the year of Our Lord, Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five.