- Integration of the State Fund Into the SSS or GSIS
- Letter of Instructions No. 190
June 3, 1974
LETTER OF INSTRUCTIONS NO. 190
|TO||:||The Secretary of Labor|
|The Administrator, Social Security System|
|The General Manager,|
|Government Service Insurance System|
In order to effect the orderly abolition of the present workmen's compensation system and the integration of the state fund into the Social Security System and the Government Service Insurance System, as the case may be under the cdtai
1. The Department of Labor through the Secretary of Labor, shall take such remedial steps as may be necessary to expedite the determination and/or settlement under such terms as he may consider fair and just, of the backlog of compensation cases pending before the workmen's compensation units in the regional offices of the Department of Labor as well as in the Workmen's Compensation Commission to the end that said backlog may be liquidated by the end of the transition period.
2. The Secretary of Labor shall coordinate with the Administrator of the Social Security System and the General Manager of the Government Service Insurance System in the immediate setting up of the corresponding and appropriate administrative arrangements and procedures for the proper implementation of the state fund system under the
3. The Secretary of Labor shall take such measures as may be necessary to effect the proper placement of personnel affected by the integration as well as the orderly transfer of all the unexpended funds, properties and equipment of the Bureau of Workmen's compensation, the Workmen's Compensation Commission and the regional Workmen's Compensation Units to the Department of Labor.
DONE in the City of Manila, this 3rd day of June, in the year of Our Lord, Nineteen Hundred and Seventy-Four.