- Issuance of Student Permit to Foreigners
- LTO Memorandum Circular No. ACL-2009-1242
October 15, 2009
LTO MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR NO. ACL-2009-1242
|TO||:||All Regional Directors, Assistant Regional Directors, Chief of Licensing Centers/District Offices and other Employees Concerned|
|SUBJECT||:||Issuance of Student Permit to Foreigners|
In order to simplify the issuance of student permit to foreigners outside of Metro Manila, applicants are no longer required to appear personally at the Regional Office for interview and for endorsement to the Licensing Centers/District Offices prior to the issuance of the Student Permit.
Issuance of student permit to any foreigner within Metro Manila shall be done at the License Section, Operations Division, Central Office only. However, for other regions, application may be filed personally at the Licensing Centers/District Offices with the following qualifications and requirements:
1. must be at least sixteen (16) years old;
2. must know how to read and write in English or Filipino; and
3. must have been in the country for at least one (1) month and can show proof that he/she is allowed to stay for the next five (5) months at the time of the application for student permit
1. must present original and photocopy of passport with valid visa and any of the following: AHDacC
a. valid Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR);
b. if born in the Philippines, original and photocopy of the birth certificate; and
c. if student, original and photocopy of School ID. TEHIaD
2. For those below eighteen (18) years old, duly notarized written parental/legal guardian consent is required. If the applicant is accompanied by parents or legal guardian, the written consent need not be notarized.
3. Tax Identification Number (TIN) per
All employees concerned are hereby directed to ensure that all applicants comply with the foregoing qualification and requirements.
For strict compliance.
(SGD.) ARTURO C. LOMIBAO
Land Transportation Office