- Prompt Submission of All Kinds of Claims for Payment by the Office of the Court Administrator (OCA) with Complete Supporting Documentation
- OCA Circular No. 11-03
January 29, 2003
OCA CIRCULAR NO. 11-03
|TO||:||All Judges, Clerks of Courts and Personnel of the Regional Trial Courts, Shari'a District Courts, Metropolitan Trial Courts, Municipal Trial Courts in Cities, Municipal Trial Courts, Municipal Circuit Trial Courts and Shari'a Circuit Courts|
|SUBJECT||:||Prompt Submission of All Kinds of Claims for Payment by the Office of the Court Administrator (OCA) with Complete Supporting Documentation|
The Office of the Court Administrator has noted that many judges and lower court personnel who have claims for payment by this Office delay the submission of such claims or transmit incomplete supporting documentation. For example, claims of judges for the payment of additional expense and hardship allowances and claims of judges and court personnel for the reimbursement of travelling expenses are not submitted on a regular monthly basis. Judges and personnel instead transmit claims covering a period of one (1) year to the OCA on the last month (December) of the year. Sometimes, claims are submitted quarterly or twice a year. The practice makes it difficult for OCA to effect the proper allocation of funds and decelerates the processing of the said claims. In view, hereof, the following guidelines are hereby issued for the information and guidance of all concerned: AaDSTH
1. All monthly claims of Judges designated as Acting/Assisting or Presiding Judge for payment of additional expense and hardship allowances must be submitted regularly on or before the 15th of the following month to:
Mrs. Florence J. Bautista
Financial Management Office
Office of the Court Administrator
Ermita, Manila 1000;
2. Claims of Judges, Clerks of Courts, Sheriffs, Process Servers and other court personnel for reimbursement of travelling expenses must be submitted monthly or immediately upon completion of the trip.
3. Claims of Clerks of Court for the reimbursement of postal money order fees and other miscellaneous expenses must be submitted monthly. Should the amount be less than P500.00, the claims must be submitted on or before November 15 of the current year to avoid their inclusion in the list of accounts payable.
4. All claims submitted to the Finance Division must be duly supported with documentation requirements properly filed and chronologically arranged.
Strict compliance herewith is enjoined.
(SGD.) PRESBITERO J. VELASCO, JR.