- Providing Guidelines on Section 4 of Republic Act No. 6679, "An Act To Amend Republic Act No. 6653 to Postpone the Barangay Elections to March 28, 1989, Prescribing Additional Rules Governing the Conduct of Barangay Elections and for Other Purposes"
- Executive Order No. 341
November 8, 1988
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 341
PROVIDING GUIDELINES ON SECTION 4 OF REPUBLIC ACT NO. 6679, "AN ACT TO AMEND REPUBLIC ACT NO. 6653 TO POSTPONE THE BARANGAY ELECTIONS TO MARCH 28, 1989, PRESCRIBING ADDITIONAL RULES GOVERNING THE CONDUCT OF BARANGAY ELECTIONS AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES"
I, CORAZON C. AQUINO, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order:
SECTION 1. All incumbent barangay officials, whether elected, appointed or designated, shall remain in office unless sooner removed or suspended for cause and with due process by order of the city or municipal mayor concerned until their successors shall have been elected and qualified. asia dc
Any barangay official who has been removed from office from January 1, 1988 to the date of the approval of Provided, That upon the effectivity of said Act, the power of removal or suspension for cause of barangay officials and filling up of vacancies in the various elective offices of the barangay shall be exercised by the city or municipal mayor concerned, subject to appeal to the President: Provided, further, That pending appeal, the order of removal or suspension shall not be executory.
SECTION 2. The phrase "for cause" shall mean those causes for the suspension or removal of an elective local official under Section 60 of viz:
1. Disloyalty to the Republic of the Philippines;
2. Culpable violation of the Constitution;
3. Dishonesty, oppression, misconduct in office and neglect of duty;
4. Commission of any offense involving moral turpitude;
5. Abuse of authority; and casia
6. Unauthorized absence for three consecutive months.
The removal and/or suspension shall be effected only after due hearing and investigation in accordance with the procedure prescribed in said
Removals or suspensions in willful disregard or violation of these requirements of cause and due process shall be dealt with in accordance to law as acts consisting abuse of authority. cd
SECTION 3. The provisions of
SECTION 4. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately. cd i
DONE in the City of Manila, this 8th day of November, in the year of Our Lord, Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Eight.
Published in the Official Gazette, Vol. 84 No. 50 Page 7615 on December 12, 1988.