- Rationalization of Government Computer Services
- Executive Order No. 526
February 23, 1979
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 526
PROVIDING FOR THE RATIONALIZATION OF GOVERNMENT COMPUTER SERVICES
WHEREAS, there is a need to rationalize the existing computer services in the government to eliminate wasteful duplication and proliferation;
WHEREAS, the President has continuing authority under
NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the cda
1. Pending the formulation of a Master Plan for government computer systems by the National Computer Center, the following guidelines shall be adopted:
a. The existing computer equipment of each ministry, including bureaus, offices and attached government-owned and/or controlled corporations, shall be made available to all entities within the ministry.
b. Where computer capacity cannot be fully utilized within the ministry, excess capacity shall be made available to other ministries and agencies.
c. If the existing computer system within the ministry is inadequate, computer facilities of other ministries or agencies may be availed of.
d. The acquisition of computers and/or data entry equipment shall not be authorized.
2. The National Computer Center shall immediately develop a Master Plan for government computer services that optimizes utilization of equipment and manpower at all times. casia
3. An Inter-Agency Committee is hereby created to assist the National Computer Center in:
a. The development and evaluation of an annual and long-range computer development program oriented towards improving the capability of agency facilities to service up to but not beyond their respective requirements, except in the case of the Technology Resource Center which will operate primarily as a service facility;
b. The formulation of policies and standards;
c. The evaluation of computer systems requirements of government agencies.
The Committee shall be headed by the Managing Director of the National Computer Center who shall act as its Chairman, with the head of the Technology Resource Center as Vice-Chairman. Membership shall be composed of representatives of the Office of the Director-General of NEDA, Ministry of the Budget and ministries and/or agencies whose computer systems have a capacity of at least 300,000 bytes.
4. The main thrust of NCC activities shall be the coordination of agency computer services rather than providing such directly.
5. The National Computer Center shall accelerate its EDP training programs to develop and increase technical expertise among agencies with computer facilities. cda
6. Any other decree, law, order, rule or regulation inconsistent herewith is hereby repealed, amended or modified accordingly. cd i
7. This Order shall be effective immediately.
DONE in the City of Manila, this 23rd day of February, in the year of Our Lord, Nineteen Hundred and Seventy-Nine.
Published in the Official Gazette, Vol. 75 No. 9, 1783-5 Supp., on February 26, 1979.