- Various Recommendations of the Labor Sector
- Memorandum from the President
May 1, 1999
MEMORANDUM FROM THE PRESIDENT
|TO||:||Secretary, Department of Labor and Employment|
|SUBJECT||:||Various Recommendations of the Labor Sector|
As a result of today's meeting with the labor groups, you are hereby directed to undertake the following:
1. Review and formulate a process, through the Tripartite Industrial Peace Council, that will rationalize the system for the selection of labor representatives in tripartite bodies;
2. Undertake a thorough study of the various wage levels nationwide through the National Wages and Productivity Commission (NWPC) and the Regional Tripartite Wage and Productivity Boards (RTWPBs);
3. Facilitate the formulation of the mechanics to set up an Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Fund from the funds of the Employees' Compensation Commission (ECC) to cover research and other related activities for the improvement of safety and health in the workplace; and,
4. Review and submit recommendations on the various legislative measures to further improve the efficiency and credibility of the government's dispute settlement system.
Further, you are also directed to collate and study the other recommendations of the labor groups, formulate action plans to address the issues and implement feasible recommendations thereon.
Submit a status report on the above directive to my Office, through the Presidential Management Staff, not later than 01 June 1999.